Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Way Back When . . .

This is my dad . . . with hair . . . in a high school cooking class. I know what you are thinking-- he was a knockout and the ladies were undoubtedly crawling all over him.

I randomly found this picture on my dad's newly established Facebook account. One of his friends was kind enough to tag him in it, giving his oh-so-creative daughter easy access! And, as I believe any good daughter would do, I decided to use it to bring a little joy to myself and my blog readers.

But, unexpectedly, finding this picture did more than just give me a good laugh. It made me think about all the memories my dad and I have shared, and it made me grateful that the man in this picture grew up to be the bald-headed, soft-spoken, hard-working, incredibly caring man I am lucky enough to call my father.

So, while I'm most likely going to take extra precaution to make sure none of my middle or high school photos are ever within the reach of my children, I hope that if they do somehow stumble across one, they will be reminded (after a good, long, hard laugh) of all the good times they've had with their mom.



1 comment:

  1. I can't get over how much it looks like Jeff!! Your dad really is fantastic, and I'm glad you got a little reminder of that today! Tell him hi for me!

    ReplyDelete