Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Back to Reality . . .

This past weekend, I was lucky enough to travel down to beautiful Destin, Florida for some time at the beach.  I've taken this trip each of the past 3 Aprils for the Fudpuckers Volleyball Tournament.  My roommate always plays in the tournament and it's fun to watch her, but for me, this 4-day mini-vacation is all about laying on the beach doing nothing but soaking up the sun and drinking some ice-cold Coors Light.  Honestly, it's a little slice of heaven!

And of course, on the Monday morning we have to leave to head back to real life, it's always slightly depressing.  However, this year, what I was greeted with on Tuesday morning as I returned to the office made my return to reality even more depressing . . . or should I say disgusting.  This is what was at my desk on Tuesday . . .


That's right folks, I was greeted by a mousetrap . . . at my desk.  Who does this little critter think he (or she) is?  I mean how rude to attack my place of work as I'm coming back from vacation and trying to readjust.  Diving back into the real world is hard enough after a few days away, and now I have to watch out for rodents?!?!?!  I might just have to take a "sick" day to deal with this!  :)

Anyway, just wanted to share the "extracurricular" activity that's happening in my office.  Anyone want to head back to Florida with me?

2 comments:

  1. And to think you work in a place that supports the selling of food. Just disgusting Wraley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man that happened to me when I worked at Buntin! So gross!

    ReplyDelete