Monday, April 19, 2010

I almost peed my pants . . .

To get to my friends in time. This past Saturday morning, I woke up at the ungodly time of 5:30 AM to make the drive to Lexington for a great day at Keeneland with the best friends a girl could ask for. I opted out of driving the night before because- and this won't surprise any of you who know me decently well- I have a severe case of road rage, and the traffic I would have encountered on Friday night would have definitely put me over the edge. So I figured I would save the other drivers on the road (and myself) from certain disaster by waiting until morning.

My drive went by fairly quickly thanks to the super-sized Vanilla Iced Latte from McDonald's and my new CDs (thanks Drew!). However, also thanks to the Vanilla Iced Latte, I found myself with an extremely full-bladder about 45 minutes from my destination. This did not fit into my plan, and nothing was going to stand in the way of me getting to my friends or Keeneland on time! So . . . I drove on. I drove the full length of the Bluegrass Parkway and managed to keep myself together until I reached my planned orange juice and champagne stop (a girl has got to have Mimosas at Keeneland right?). And, after I had relieved myself and picked up my party supplies, my friends and I were off to the races!

Now, I'm not telling you this story to impress you with the size of my bladder or to highlight my extreme dedication to sticking to a plan at all costs. I'm sharing this with you because as I was driving and wondering if my bladder would in fact hold out until I made it off the highway, I realized how blessed I am to have friends I would honestly consider peeing my pants for. I mean I was so incredibly excited to see these people, I was willing to go against the laws of nature and ignore a basic bodily function! But, that's what these women are worth to me. That's the impact they've had and continue to have on my life. It's been four years (crazy!) since we've graduated and gone our separate ways, but whenever we get together it feels like we are all living at 325 Columbia Terrace again, sharing the community bathrooms and eating Kevin's extremely unhealthy but oh-so-good family dinners. These friendships have been some of the greatest blessings in my life, and I wouldn't be who I am without these women. Their love and support is unconditional, and I can only hope I give those same things back to each of them.

Well, I could go on forever . . . but I won't. I'll just leave you with a picture of these wonderful women from this past weekend. I mean let's be honest, who wouldn't pee their pants for these girls??




2 comments:

  1. I've decided I'm photoshopping myself into this picture, cuz I feel the same way, Wraley! :-)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you gals (gams?) had a great time this weekend! Waking up at 5:30 to drive to LEX...that's dedication :)

    ReplyDelete