Friday, April 2, 2010

Putting My Best Foot Forward


I'd like you to meet the newest member of my shoe family. These bad boys are going to carry me back into the running world! I've designated tomorrow as Day 1 on my road to running recovery, so I took some time yesterday to get some new running shoes. Now, I'll be honest and say I can always think up a reason to buy new shoes, but this is actually a legitimate and functional purchase. "They" say that you should replace your running shoes every 6 months, and the pair I've been wearing around (notice I didn't say "that I've been running in") are about 3 times that old, so I've been due for some new kicks for quite some time now.

I decided to get serious about my return to the running world so I got refitted and even bought some arch supports since apparently I land on the inside of my foot with every stride. My friend at the running store guaranteed that the arch supports would help me enjoy my running a lot more, while allowing me to run faster and farther. Hopefully these $35 pieces of foam and plastic live up to those promises!

So, all in all, I feel ready to get back out there. I've got new gear and the promise of warm and sunny weather to keep me motivated! So, wish me luck as my new shoes and I set out on our first 3 miles of the season!

Happy Easter!

Lauren





No comments:

Post a Comment