Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Cheese

I love cheese.  In fact, I don't know that I've ever met a cheese I didn't like.  Sometimes I get so excited to top things with cheese that by the end of my meal, all I have to show for it is a really bad stomach ache.  Last week I think I had two different types of gourmet macaroni and cheese at two different restaurants within 5 days time.  And that's in addition to the cheese calzone I had last Tuesday and the cheese pizza lean pockets I've had for lunch today and yesterday.

So imagine my delight when my love for this wonderful food group was highlighted on Man vs. Food yesterday.  The "eater", Adam, journeyed to my birth state of Ohio and took on "The Melt".  What is "The Melt" you ask? 

Well it looks like this . . .



This bad boy has 14 types of cheeses . . . yes, that's right, 14!  On the show, Matt, the owner of this restaurant, demonstrated how this masterpiece is put together, and let me tell you, it's unbelievable.  This sandwich has 3 pieces of Texas Toast that are smothered, layered, and covered with Goat, Feta, Swiss, and Pepperjack cheeses, just to name a few.

The restaurant that serves this amazing dish . . . Melt Bar and Grilled.  If you're anywhere near Cleveland anytime soon, you HAVE to check this sandwich out for me and maybe even figure out a way to get one back to Nashville for me to try :)



No comments:

Post a Comment