Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Photo courtesy of Google Maps Street View


I really don't like moving.  I mean REALLY dislike it.  If I made a list of the 10 things I most dislike in life, I imagine moving might make that list.  However, as a renter, it's a necessary evil.  And as much as I would like to move out of the rental world (no pun intended), there are little monsters like school loans and car payments standing in my way.  So . . . renting it is.

The good news: I get to live in the upstairs of this cute little house, which is right around the corner from Vanderbilt, a block from tons or wonderful restaurants and bars, and 3-4 blocks from the one and only Mafioazas, which home to 2-for-1 beer everand pizza every Tuesday and 2-for-1 drinks every Sunday.

The better news: My wonderful mom is coming down to help me, which means shopping for cute new house stuff.  She told me it was time to get a "style" to my bedroom, and with her help (and money), I have no doubt I will.

The best news: I get to live with the fabulous Sarah Beth Webb.  And as much as I hate moving, I have a feeling that spending 12 months or more sharing a place with her would be worth trucking my sh** more than halfway across the country. :)

So give me a few days to gripe about all the crap I've accumulated and how stupid it is that I have so much stuff crammed in such a small space.  Then let me claim that I'm never moving again and never buying anything new. 

And after all that's said and done, come over and visit!  Sarah is an excellent cook and I'll supply the drinks!

2 comments:

  1. I WANT TO VISIT!!!!!

    I love this combination of you two living together!!! SO. MUCH. FUN.

    Don't buy a house. And if you do - buy the one I have for sale just an hour north of you in BGKY! ;) I kid, I kid....kind of.

    Love your post! I concur....moving blows! We just recently did it and I swear every time I move it gets worse (i.e. we have accumulated more stuff). Sheesh!

    Love you! And I love Sarah! And I want to visit you all! Not sure what you two will have planned over Christmas break, but that will be my first time back in the area - if you all are not gone to family the whole time, I would love to see you!

    PS: I have a pretty cool place that is approximately a 15 minute drive From. The. Beach. YEP! :) There is a guest room calling your name, so you and Sarah (and anyone else) load up and head Southeast for a visit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: Hire a moving company. I know it costs money, but I swear it is worth it.

    ReplyDelete