Thursday, June 3, 2010

Run Baby Run

THIS . . .

is the running I will be doing over the next three months to get ready for

THIS


My 5th Half Marathon in Virginia Beach!!!


Now, I"ll be honest.  I've had a rocky return to my running routine (wow, that was quite an alliteration; my English teachers would be proud!).  But, I'm hoping the knowledge that I've paid to compete in a race in 3 months, not to mention that I'll get to lay on a beach the 2 days before, will be enough motivation to train, and train HARD.  My best half marathon time was 1:58 in Phoenix, and I would like to beat that.  It's going to take a lot of work in the dead heat of a lovely Nashville summer, but you only live once right?!  So, if while reading this, any of you have become inspired to join me for a run (and a little beach vacation) in Virginia, I would love some company!  And if not, just think happy and fast thoughts for me as I run!

2 comments:

  1. When is the marathon? Dates? I would love to join you on the beach...not so much the run. But I could be there to cheer you on! Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The race is Labor Day weekend so it's a perfect long weekend to take a vacation!!!!

    ReplyDelete