Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I stole this . . .

from a friend of a friend of a friend's blog.  But, that doesn't make it any less true, and I'm hoping I can believe this, REALLY believe this every day.  And more importantly, I'm hoping I can live it out.


“I will set you apart from everyone else. 


The whole lot of you. 

I will give you the ways to walk, show the roads, and teach you about myself. 

All of you. 

I will be good to you. I will meet your needs in ways you would never imagine. 

If you will follow me, I will do these things – and people will notice. 

People will see – all of them – that you live differently. 

You give. You rest. You trust. You love. You serve. 

You do these things because we know each other, and you know this is enough for life. 

I will call you my prize possession. My treasure. My beloved. 

You will be my people, and I will be your God. 

The whole world will see our relationship, and they will see how I treat you – and how you live in response to me. 

This blessing I give, it is to act as a charge upon you, a responsibility as you speak when others ask you as to who I am. That you mediate, explain, encourage and teach who I am. That you shout to others, “Come with me to the house of the Lord, for He alone is God.”

And that your life is lived dependently upon me. For I am strong, and I will do what I have promised. 

If you will keep my covenant. This is your identity, this is who you are. You are a nation of priests. Your life is to usher others in – the generations to come – that you might teach them and show them that the Lord your God has dealt graciously with you and loved you."

No comments:

Post a Comment