Thursday, January 26, 2012

AND . . .I'm getting married.

Clearly a lot has happened in the two or so months I've been absent from this blog.  And by "a lot", I mean some of the biggest moments of my life, including Coley asking me to marry him and me saying "YES!!!". (Notice my Kentucky love made it in the picture . . .)



I won't retell the whole story because, one, most of you have heard it and two, my computer would probably crash from all the minut details I would want to include.  But, I will tell you that it happened in a way that was better than I could have ever imagined and, to this day, I still think back on the whole weekend and realize what an incredible picture it is of the way Coley has and continues to love me.  Every detail was thought of, every angle covered, and every wonderful surprise was 100% planned out so that, I, the unknowing bride-to-be, would understand just how much this man wanted to spend the rest of his life with little ole' me.  WOW.



Since then, the Type A planner in me has taken over.  We are eight months away from the wedding and we are moving full speed ahead.  I couldn't be more thrilled with the choices we've made so far as I think they totally capture the "Southern Wedding" feel we are going for.  (I know we are both from Ohio, but let's be real, I've been trying to develop a southern accent since college!)

I did take a breath and enjoyed my first engaged Thankgiving and Christmas holidays.  What an awesome feeling! 

And then, this past weekend I put on my party pants for Coley and I's engagement party.  Let me just say, I have the best friends and family in the entire world.  The party was amazing and Coley and I were truly blessed by all the people that came to celebrate us.  It was definitley a night to remember.



I guess that's all for now.  I'm going to get back to bridesmaid's dress shopping and hotel booking.  I may act like it's a hassle but don't let me fool you-- I've got a smile pasted on my face all the while :)

No comments:

Post a Comment