Thursday, April 28, 2011

CM 1/2 M

At 7 am on Saturday morning I will be running in this . . .


I wish I could say I am confident I will kick this race's butt, but to be honest that just isn't the case.  This past month has been a rough one for me when it comes to running thanks to a lovely cold that went away and came back two weeks later as an even lovelier sinus infection.  Of course, my problems started before that when I couldn't run for a week as a result of falling off the Vanderbilt shuttle in my high heels. 

Yes, you read that right- I take a shuttle, and I fell down its steps.  (Just in case you are wondering, my middle name is NOT Grace.)

Needless to say, I'm a little nervous for Saturday.  On the plus side I will have wonderful friends cheering me on at different points throughout the race, and afterwards, I will get to nurse my aching muscles with good food, great wine, and awesome company. 

Luckily all of the above isn't dependent on a stellar personal record. :)

So, if you think of it, say a little prayer or send a little thought my way on Saturday morning.  And for those of you running, I hope your race is fun, fast, and not anywhere near as painful as I'm predicting mine will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment