Monday, August 2, 2010

Making Mountains out of . . . well, really big hills

I like to run.  I really really like to run.  But I have to say that my 9 mile run yesterday made me question my own sanity (well actually more the sanity of the people who designed the trails where I was running).  Now I realize how lucky I am to actually be able to run 9 miles and go on to live a relatively active and normal Sunday afterwards.

However, I have to be honest and tell you that when I was running THIS . . .



I actually felt like I was running up THIS . . .


And that did not feel good.  But I made it through, and now that I'm no longer mid-torture, I can say it was well worth it.  And I think that's the way life is a lot of times.  You go through how-am-I-ever-going-to-survive-this moments and look back a few days/weeks/months removed and say "That was well worth it" or "Oh, now I see".

So all in all, I'm glad for my hard run and for the insight it brought . . . just don't expect me to be taking the stairs two at a time or doing jumping jacks in the near future!





No comments:

Post a Comment