Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Happy Hour


Each and every one of you probably knows that, for me,  there are very few things that top an ice cold Coors Light when it comes to a refreshing and relaxing way to end a stressful day in my world.  And for that reason, Happy Hours are usually a welcome event in my life at the end (and sometimes middle, and well let's be honest, sometimes beginning too) of my work weeks.  But last night, I had one of my Happiest Hours in a long time, and it had nothing to do with ice cold beer.

Last night, a hot and muggy Nashville Tuesday night not unlike most nights this summer, I got together with 3 of my very favorite girls.  These are UK-loving, live-in-a-house-with-40-other-women-and-no-air-conditioning, laugh-or-cry-with-you-over-anything-and-everything kind of girls.  I feel so blessed to call them my friends and to know that I can sit with them on the patio of an crowded restaurant and be a part of some of the most interesting and hilarious conversations I've had in a long time.  The kind of conversations that make you think about your life and where it's going and who you really want to be.  The kind of conversations that make you laugh until you snort and cry and snort again.  The kind of conversations that make you realize that though you will never go back to college again, you get to relive the best parts of college through these friendships that will last a long, long time.

I feel so lucky to have friends like these.  I'm looking forward to many more "Happy Hours" that have nothing to do with half price drinks!

2 comments:

  1. Awwww so glad for your "happy hour!" And so sad that I missed out since you all weren't far from me! So close, yet so far away! Love you bunches! You are a very sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete