Monday, September 19, 2011

Awkward pictures and surprise parties

THIS is not a flattering picture of me . . .


However, I'm sharing it with all of you because that face is the result of a wonderful surprise Coley had for me on Friday night.  I recently accepted a new position at Vanderbilt (sorry for just filling you all in), and I'm completely switching gears.  It's a good move, one that I feel will lead to a lot of opportunities in the future, and honestly, one that I wouldn't have been so confident in pursuing if it weren't for Coley's encouragement.

So, as far as I knew, Coley and I were heading to one of my favorite Italian restaurants in Nashville to celebrate with a little "date-night".  Instead, I found six of my favorite people waiting to surprise me and celebrate my new job!  Supposedly a picture says 1,000 words, and my expression in the photo above perfectly captures my confusion, amazement, and shock at what Coley had managed to pull together.

We had an amazing time talking, laughing, eating, and drinking really great wine.  And as if that wasn't enough, I had my very own cake and the chef signed a menu for me! (Excuse the phone-camera picture quality)



It really was an awesome night and I'm looking forward to my next professional adventure!  I can't thank Coley enough for this celebration.  It was more than I ever expected, but just what I wanted . . . of course, he already knew that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment