Friday, February 26, 2010

One debt down . . . two more to go!

Well, I did it. It's hard to believe enough time has passed for me to pay off a student loan, but it's true. Yesterday, I received my annual bonus check from work, and though it was a little smaller than I had hoped (let's be honest, the economy has not been kind to companies that depend on disposable incomes), I had plenty to pay off what remained of one of my school loans. I was even able to put a few extra bucks into my savings!

Funny as this may sound, the process made me take a look back at my life here in Nashville over the past four years. All in all, I have to say I am proud of the person I've become from my time here in this city. I went from a not-completely-confident grad student to a woman who can hold her own.

I guess all this to say that my little victory yesterday made me realize that I should be proud of my past, in fact we all should, and that I am more than ready to welcome the challenges of the future. I don't know what challenge is next for me, but I feel that something is coming and I'm ready for it.

So, whether it be a big victory or something as simple as brushing a little debt off your shoulder, I think these events are meant to make us take stock of life and what we've accomplished and what lies ahead.

Okay, enough with the deep thoughts on a Friday. I'm off to celebrate my small victory in New Orleans! Have a fabulous weekend!

Lauren

1 comment:

  1. Lauren, I am so proud of you! That is a great accomplishment and I would imagine every "pay-off" is a victory in and of itself, so well done my friend! I loved your deep thoughts on Friday.....you could keep that habit up because you're so well-spoken. Have so much fun this weekend -- NOLA sounds like a blast! I've been before but it's been a couple of such quick trips, so you enjoy that awesome city and please eat some yummy food for me! Love ya! :)

    ReplyDelete